It is a priority for CBC to create a website that is accessible to all Canadians including people with visual, hearing, motor and cognitive challenges.
He said firefighters performed first aid on the victim before handing him off to BC Ambulance Service paramedics, and added that the man was unconscious but breathing when taken to hospital.
Man rescued from Burnaby duplex fire taken to hospital burn unit in very serious condition
A 55-year-old man caught in a Burnaby house fire on Halloween night died in hospital early Thursday morning despite dramatic attempts by local firefighters to save him.
Crews responded to calls of smoke coming from a single-storey duplex at 8166 16th Ave. at about 5:30 p.m., according to assistant fire Chief Barry Mawhinney
Hearing from neighbours that the unit was usually occupied, firefighters plunged into thick black smoke to search the unit.
The patient was found not far from the front door. He was severely burnt and had no pulse, and CPR protocol was initiated, Mawhinney said.
“It’s foggy generally, but there’s still some smoke coming out of the house, it’s pretty dark. It looks like they got the fire under control,” he tells NEWS 1130.
Firefighters revived him, but the man succumbed to his injuries in the early hours of Thursday morning, according to Burnaby RCMP.
BURNABY (NEWS 1130) – One person has been injured after a house caught fire in Burnaby Wednesday evening. The person was rescued by first responders a short time ago.
The fire is being investigated, but it isnt being deemed suspicious, and fire officials dont believe it was related to Halloween fireworks.
A family of five was displaced from the other half of the duplex, he said, but that unit sustained little damage.