Boy, 3, found safe in Toronto after Amber Alert issued in Sudbury, Ont. – CBC News

Boy, 3, found safe in Toronto after Amber Alert issued in Sudbury, Ont. - CBC News
Amber Alert cancelled: 3-year-old boy found safe in Toronto
A call to a tip line from a woman being sought in an Amber Alert helped in locating her and her three-year-old son safe in Toronto early Tuesday, say Sudbury, Ont., police, who issued the alert. 

The two were found in the Fort York Boulevard-Lake Shore Avenue West area of Toronto at an address on Bruyeres Mews.

"Once again our communications centre has been receiving calls from citizens using it as a platform to complain about being awaken by the Amber Alert," the tweet read. "Please help us to keep our phone lines free for real emergencies."

Woman, toddler at centre of Amber Alert found safe in Toronto

Kaitlynn Dunn, spokesperson with the Greater Sudbury Police Service, said the mother and son were dropped off at the Rainbow Centre Mall on Monday around noon ET. The boy was supposed to be brought back to his guardian, his grandmother.

"To put it bluntly, the discomfort or the inconvenience that an Amber Alert would have for an individual certainly does not trump the safety of a child, full stop," he said. 

She said officers also checked with the Ontario Northland and Greyhound "because we always check those in case the person is looking to flee town."

Dunn said that around 3 a.m. Tuesday, an Ontario Northland employee confirmed to police that the pair had been seen boarding a bus in Sudbury en route to Toronto on Monday afternoon.

The alert was issued around 5 a.m. and the boy was reported safe around 7:30 a.m. after a call was placed to the police tip line by his mother, Dunn said. The alert was lifted around 7:55 a.m.

Notice: Your email may not yet have been verified. Please check your email, click the link to verify your address, and then submit your comment. If you cant find this email, access your profile editor to re-send the confirmation email. You must have a verified email to submit a comment. Once you have done so, check again.

Dunn said the mother and child are in good health, and Sudbury police will investigate to determine "the intent of taking the child" and whether any charges will be laid.

The alert went out across Ontario just before 5 a.m. Both police in Sudbury and Toronto confirm calls were made from the public about being woken up by the alert itself.

"We felt it was necessary to put out the Amber Alert in order to ensure he was safely found and it did just that: he was safely found."

Once again our Communications Centre has been receiving a number of calls from citizens using it as a platform to complain about being awaken by the Amber Alert.<br>REMINDER:<br>9-1-1 is for EMERGENCIES ONLY. Please help us to keep our phone lines free for real emergencies. Thanks^adc

The alert was called after a 3-year old boy was abducted by his mother in Sudbury.  The pair was headed to Toronto on an Ontario Northland bus.  They have both been found in good health.

Dunn said calls to 911 should only be placed in certain circumstances: "911 is reserved for emergency matters. Your opinion or being upset regarding an Amber Alert is not an emergency matter."

The child, who was last seen boarding a bus from Sudbury to Toronto on Monday, was located at a condo in the citys downtown core near Fort York Boulevard and Lake Shore Avenue West, according to Toronto police.

Temur Durrani is a breaking news reporter, working out of the Stars radio room in Toronto. Follow him on Twitter: @temurdur

Greater Sudbury Police said the boy was travelling with a 25-year-old woman, who was also found with the child.