5 Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak In NB
Boy, 12, overcomes limited mobility and inspires friends to form sledge hockey teamSteve Voutour, platoon chief of the Saint John fire department, said emergency crews were called to the six-unit townhouse at around 10 p.m. on Friday after the carbon monoxide detector went off.
A fire official says five people have been hospitalized after a carbon monoxide leak at a public housing unit forced the evacuation of around 30 residents in New Brunswick.”It’s a silent killer.”Steve Voutour “It’s odourless, it’s colourless, it’s tasteless. You don’t know what’s going on,” he said Saturday in an interview. “It’s a silent killer.”He said two residents of an adjacent unit were taken to a Saint John hospital for evaluation and later released.
Canadian Red Cross said it is assisting displaced residents with food, lodging and other necessities until authorities give them the all-clear to return to their homes.
Why old-fashioned bank drafts could leave you on the hook for big bucks