Chlorine gas mixed up in error at Stonebridge hotel: Saskatoon Fire Department

Chlorine gas mixed up in error at Stonebridge hotel: Saskatoon Fire Department
Several people exposed to chlorine gas at Saskatoon hotel
The Saskatoon Fire Department believed the chlorine gas was a result of error at a hotel in the Stonebridge neighbourhood.

The Saskatoon Fire Department believed chlorine gas was mixed up in error at a hotel in the Stonebridge neighbourhood Thursday.

Firefighters and a hazmat unit were sent to the Home Inn & Suites at 253 Willis Cres. after a 911 call about a chemical exposure at roughly 12:40 p.m. CT.

The hazmat crew later determined muriatic acid had been mixed with chlorine, resulting in chlorine gas.

Three people were assessed by paramedics and later hospitalized. The extent of their injuries is unknown at this time.

Crews were called to a Saskatoon hotel after several people were exposed to chlorine gas. (CREDIT: SASKATOON FIRE)

Three civilians and two fire fighters were taken to hospital after being exposed to chlorine gas at a Saskatoon hotel on Thursday.

Emergency crews were called to the Home Inn & Suites around 12:42 p.m. for reports of chemical exposure.

They discovered that an accidental mixing of chemicals had caused the chlorine gas in one of the rooms.

The three civilians were assessed by paramedics on scene and taken to hospital with undetermined injuries; two fire fighters were also taken to hospital as a precaution.

The fire department says there was no environmental risk as a result of the chemical exposure. 

A rash of parking tickets handed out overnight Wednesday has a Saskatoon business owner feeling frustrated.