Third arrest made in connection to 2017 Scarborough homicide case

Third arrest made in connection to 2017 Scarborough homicide case
Oakwood Village shooting victim charged in connection with 2017 murder
A man arrested on Monday afternoon, in connection with a 2017 homicide investigation was identified by police after being found by officers suffering from gunshot wounds in York.

Uniformed officers were flagged down around 3:45 p.m. to help a man suffering from gunshot wounds in the area of Gloucester Grove and Alameda Avenue,  near Allen Road and Eglinton Avenue.

Officers later identified the man as a 24-year-old wanted on a Canada-wide warrant since spring of 2017. 

Police arrested two men in June 2017 following and investigation and were searching for two others. Canada-wide warrants were issued at the time. Following Tuesday's arrest, only the fourth suspect remains at large. 

In the early morning hours of April 15, 2017, Samatar Farah was killed in what police have called a senseless shooting on Chester Le Boulevard, near Finch Avenue East.

On Monday, the 24-year-old man was shot in a residential neighbourhood near Gloucester Grove and Alameda Avenue just before 4 p.m. Police say a black vehicle was seen fleeing the area shortly afterward.

Police believe the 24-year-old was murdered as part of an ongoing feud between residents of two adjacent housing complexes.

The man then appeared in a Scarborough court Tuesday morning and was charged with three counts of attempted murder in the death of Farah in April 2017. 

There had been another shooting on the same block just days earlier, on April 13. Shots were fired at three people, two of whom were seriously wounded.

It is a priority for CBC to create a website that is accessible to all Canadians including people with visual, hearing, motor and cognitive challenges.

His untimely death stunned his family, who said he was months away from graduation and adored for his genuine, kind-hearted nature.

A Toronto man wanted in connection with the shooting death of Samatar Farah in 2017 has been arrested — after he was shot and hospitalized.

By June of the same year, police executed 11 different search warrants inconnection to the investigation, in Toronto, Scarborough and Ottawa, which resulted in the arrest of two suspects.

Farah's body was discovered in a parking lot near Chester Le Boulevard and Morecambe Gate in Scarborough.

Shaquan McLean, now 24, has been charged with three counts of attempted murder in connection with the April 13 shooting.

He appeared in court on the charges on Tuesday and is scheduled to appear again via video on Nov. 13.

A fourth suspect, identified as 24-year-old Alexander Fountain, is still wanted on the strength of a warrant for first-degree murder and attempted murder.

Its not alleged that Mr. McLean was a party to the murder, but what links the two incidents is Mr. Alexander Fountain, who is still at large and wanted for three counts of attempted murder from April 13 as well as first-degree murder, which took place April 15, Det. Jason Shankaran told CTV News Toronto.

Fountain became the focus of a new Toronto police pilot project in May aimed at spreading the word about outstanding suspects through public awareness campaigns.

The program, dubbed BOLO, is short for Be On the Lookout and utilized both social media accounts and simpler tactics like T-shirts and flyers with the names and photos of suspects.

Police would like to remind members of the public that providing assistance to Alexander Fountain is an offence under the Criminal Code and police will seek the prosecution of anyone who provides assistance to him to evade arrest, police wrote in a news release.

Anyone with information about Fountains whereabouts is being asked to call Toronto police or Crime Stoppers anonymously.

A man who was shot in Oakwood Village on Monday afternoon has now been charged in connection with a fatal shooting last year.

Its alleged on April 15, 2017, two men approached three others outside a townhouse complex near Victoria Park and Finch avenues, and began shooting at them.

He was taken to hospital with serious injuries, and police realized he was wanted in connection with Farahs murder.

They arrested the man, 24-year-old Shaquan McLean, and charged him with three counts of attempted murder.

Last year, Taufiq Stanley, 20, and Trevor Barnette, 25, both of Toronto, were arrested and charged in connection with Farah’s murder.

Stanley was charged with first-degree murder, three counts of attempted murder and a number of firearms-related charges. Barnett was charged with three counts of attempted murder.

Investigators are still looking for Alexander Fountain, 24, who is wanted for first-degree murder in Farahs death, as well as three counts of attempted murder.

Notice: Your email may not yet have been verified. Please check your email, click the link to verify your address, and then submit your comment. If you cant find this email, access your profile editor to re-send the confirmation email. You must have a verified email to submit a comment. Once you have done so, check again.

Weve sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.