Just under 5 million people tuned in to watch the 2017 Victorias Secret Fashion Show, and its likely millions will reserve an hour or two of their nights to tune into ABC on December 2.
Though youll likely be watching a magical event unfold perfectly right before your eyes, have you ever wondered what its really like to be in the show?
Here are secrets about the VSFS that youve always wondered, revealed from the mouths of the angels themselves.
Lima has been a VS Angel for over a decade. Pascal Le Segretain/GettyImages “It takes five hours of hair and make-up and months of workouts to get ready for the Victorias Secret Fashion Show. In fact, we can take on any sports athlete in a serious workout. Just ask my boxing coach,” Adriana Lima told BuzzFeed.
She added that wings are highly coveted backstage. “During fittings, we fight over who gets the biggest wings. But we actually really like one another.”
As for the strutting part of the show, Swanepoel told Glamour magazine, “The best thing is to do what comes naturally. I always try and prepare, like oh, I should do this at the end, because theres that moment you need to catch the camera at the end of the runway. But it never works if I prepare, so I kind of just shake it off and do whatever I feel comes naturally.”
Victorias Secret, the all glamorous American lingerie brand is offering customers a posh bra fitting experience in Kuala Lumpur.
Did you know that fitting a bra is not as simple as it seems? It actually takes a lot of training and experience for the bra fitter to recommend one that fits you perfectly.
Victorias Secret Bra Fit experts have an average of 10 years of experience globally, and they undergo proprietary training and have approximately 240 hours of mentorship in the fitting room.
As a leading specialty retailer of lingerie, Victorias Secret takes the task of getting women the right bra seriously.
To eliminate the hassle of bra shopping, the brand recommends following a three-step system – determine your size, choose your style, then shop – to get you the right bra effortlessly!
As you step into the luxurious pink and black fitting rooms you will get a whiff of the popular Victorias Secret Bombshell perfume that is sprayed into the fitting room to enhance your experience.
Once you are fitted, the Victorias Secret Bra Fit expert will then ask you the type of bra you prefer from push-up, unlined, wireless to sporty. You will also be asked the occasion that you are buying a bra for, whether its for a special day or daily wear.
She advises that one should get a fit every six months as the body changes, and especially after one has had a baby.
According to the expert once you are measured you will be handed a personalised Fit Card with details of your bra size, favourite silhouettes, preferred lining levels and product recommendations.
To make it even more convenient, the Victorias Secret fitting room is stocked with every bra style to try! So, once you get your measurements you can try on any style that you want.
Victorias Secret offers 39 sizes ranging from 30A to 40DDD, and various lining levels from unlined, lightly-lined to push-up.
The fitting rooms are thoughtfully fitted with a call button so any requests that you may have will be attended to quickly.
So, there you have it, you now know the secret to turning your bra shopping into a lavish experience at Victorias Secret.
To get a taste of the Victorias Secret Bra Fit experience, three women visited Victorias Secrets recently opened first lingerie store in Malaysia at Mid Valley Megamall in Kuala Lumpur to get measured and fitted.
She currently wears a bra size of 32B and the Victorias Secret Bra Fit expert measures her as a 32B.
Hannahs wish: As she is not a fan of push-up or sporty bras she wants an unlined or lightly lined bra for daily wear that offers comfort and support.
1. Dream Angels Lightly Lined Demi: This dreamy demi is even more heavenly, with softer Memory Fit lining that conforms to your curves, a smoothing U-shaped back and stretchier lace sides for a flawless, ultra-comfy fit.
2. Body by Victoria Lightly Lined Demi: A lower cut makes this supersoft bra perfect for revealing necklines, with lighter Memory Fit for extra support as it conforms to your curves and a smoothing U-shaped back.
She currently wears a bra size of 38B/C and the Victorias Secret Bra Fit expert measures her as a 36C or 38B.
Amiras wish: As she is an expectant mum and someone who still works out during pregnancy, she is looking for a sports bra. She wants a bra that offers support, comfort and versatility.
1. Victoria Sport Incredible Knockout Max: Providing the ultimate support, this improved patented bra-within-a-bra technology offers the maximum support you want, while an updated front zip revealing structured cups that clip together for easy on, easy off, and no bounce.
2. T-Shirt Lightly Lines Wireless Bra: Soft, wireless cups keep their shape in a T-shirt bra and is so soft and comfy.
She currently wears a bra size of 34A/B and the Victorias Secret Bra Fit expert measures her as a 32B.
Malikas wish: She prefers push-up bras for a better definition of her silhouette but a bra that also offers support and comfort.
1. Bombshell: The ultimate lift-loving push-up is better than ever with even softer padding for the most cleavage and fullness, and a U-shaped ballet back for a flawless fit.
2. Sexy Illusions Push-Up Plunge: With raw-cut sides that smooth, this bra offers a lightweight lift and a plunge neckline that disappears under clothes. Its your go-to for day-to-night sexy.
• One should wear a bra on the loosest fit hook and when it starts to feel loose (over time from wear and washing) you can use the tighter hooks.
• 80% of the bras support comes from the band, not the straps. The band should feel comfortably snug and it shouldnt lift when you raise your arms.
• Straps should stay put without slipping off or digging into your shoulders. You should be able to comfortably slip your index finger underneath your straps.
• Cups should fit smoothly with no wrinkles, gaps, squeezing or overflowing. Lean forward when putting on your bra to ensure you are properly positioned into the cups.
• When you find the bra you love, be sure you have three on hand – one to wear, one to wash and one to rest. Letting your bra rest a day or two between wearing helps maintain its elasticity.
Star2.com is the lifestyle portal of The Star Media Group. Star2.com features stories on Entertainment, People, Style, Culture, Food, Health, Family, Living and Travel.