The group – whose names cannot be revealed – have been linked to murders, drug dealing and extortion over the past 30 years.
The family are based in the West Country and are known to carry out their crimes across southern England, Mirror Online reports.
Victoria Beckham Is Launching Her Own YouTube Channel | British
David and Victoria Beckham were forced to up their security after the terrifying break-in at their family home.
The couple, who have four children were left distraught over the attempted burglary – which ended when the intruders were chased away.
Police were called to the couples £6 million home in Oxfordshire after their 24 hour security surveillance team noticed the men on the propertys CCTV.
Police were called to the couples £6 million home in Great Tew, Oxfordshire, last Friday after their 24 hour security surveillance team noticed the intruders on the propertys CCTV
Police were called to the estate (pictured) after CCTV captured raiders during the terrifying incident
Guests at the nearby Soho Farmhouse, which is just a stones throw away and a favourite haunt of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry, spotted them too and ran to scare them off.
The former pop singer was said to be less than impressed with her husband calling their marriage hard work.
Now, David, 43, has now been forced to significantly increase security at the countryside home where he, Victoria and their children spend many of their weekends.
CCTV has shown how the trio, used a ladder to look into the windows of the upstairs of the house before running from the scene.
One of the men was dressed head to toe in a hooded overalls, along with a balaclava. Another wore jeans and a black hat and matching scarf.
They were seen trawling the area and are thought to have been planning a break in. David and Victoria, 44, are understood to have been on their way to Australia with son Romeo, 16, Cruz, 13, and Harper, 7, when the attempted break in happened.
Hours later, Victoria Beckham was pictured looking distressed and speculation grew over what had happened.
It has now been revealed the mother-of-four was terrified over how close the gang came to getting inside her home.
A source said: David and Victoria are absolutely devastated by this. They are extremely protective of their family and their home life so the thought that people would intrude on that is just so upsetting for them.
One of the men was dressed head to toe in a hooded all in one outfit, along with a balaclava. Another wore jeans and a black hat and matching scarf
This has hit them hard. Victoria has been upset for the last couple of days about this, it has been so tough for her. It is frightening and dreadful to think someone would be intruding on their personal space.
He would love to be normal but his number one priority is to protect his wife, children and wider family. He is absolutely furious that he has now has to increase his security even more.
Taking no chances, the security increase will include guard dogs, motion sensor alarms and regular patrols have now been installed to prevent any further intruders getting close to their home, which theyve been refurbishing for nearly two years.
Neighbours include Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, as well as former Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson and David Cameron. Soho Farmhouse attracts the likes of Kate Moss, James Corden and singer Sam Smith.
The Beckhams arrived in Australia on Saturday night as guests at Prince Harrys Invictus Games in Sydney.
Last week David gave an interview to Aussie television show, The Sunday Project, where he spoke candidly about his relationship with former Spice Girl Victoria, saying: I think marriage is always about hard work.
Your children, they want your time and they deserve your time and we are hard working and we feel that is the right way to bring up our children to prove and to show them you have to work hard to be successful.