More details on dead man in photo linked to Bruce McArthur serial murder case to be released today

More details on dead man in photo linked to Bruce McArthur serial murder case to be released today
Alleged Toronto serial killer Bruce McArthur to face 8th count of 1st-degree murder
TORONTO – Toronto police will provide an update on the case of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur this morning.

The 66-year-old former landscaper is facing seven charges of first-degree murder in the deaths of men linked to Toronto’s gay community.

McArthur, a 66-year-old landscaper, has been charged with seven counts of first-degree murder in connection with the deaths of Andrew Kinsman, Selim Esen, Majeed Kayhan, Soroush Mahmudi, Dean Lisowick, Skandaraj Navaratnam, and Abdulbasir Faizi.

On Friday, police announced that they have identified a dead man who is believed to be another alleged victim of McArthur.

On Friday, police confirmed that they had identified the man in the photo but investigators have not released the name of the man or provided any details about his death.

Police released a photograph of the man on March 5, saying they believed he may be one of McArthur’s alleged victims.

Last month, investigators took the rare step of releasing an edited photo of an unidentified deceased man who police believe is one of McArthurs victims.

Det. Sgt. Hank Idsinga said at the time that releasing the photo was a “last resort” to identify the man.

Toronto police to update McArthur investigation on Monday

The sprawling investigation into McArthur is probing cold cases that go as far back as 1975.

Thousands are still without power this morning after high winds and freezing rain hit Toronto and many parts of southern Ontario on Sunday.

Notice: Your email may not yet have been verified. Please check your email, click the link to verify your address, and then submit your comment. If you cant find this email, access your profile editor to re-send the confirmation email. You must have a verified email to submit a comment. Once you have done so, check again.

According to investigators, the men, who all had ties to Torontos LGBTQ2S community, were murdered between 2010 and 2017.

Who is the Toronto Serial Killer? How many victims is he suspected of killing, and why is the police investigation so …

Weve sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.

I thought, Oh my God! Hows Bruce going to react to that? Theyve arrested somebody with the same name, he told the Toronto Star. More from PinkNews Stars You Didnt Know Were Gay Or Bisexual The Stars You Didnt Know Have An LGBT Sibling The Straight Stars Who Went Gay For Pay

You have activated your account, please feel free to browse our exclusive contests, videos and content.

You have activated your account, please feel free to browse our exclusive contests, videos and content.

Torontos Police Department has come under fire from local LGBT+ activists who believe authorities have failed in their quest to identity McArthur quickly, leading the force to cancel its application to march at the citys Pride parade.

Toronto police will provide another update into the ongoing investigation into alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur.

LGBT+ activists have been harshly critical of the polices actions, alleging that authorities did not take warnings from the community about the suspected murders seriously enough and calling for an urgent inquiry into the failings.

Last week, police added a seventh charge of first-degree murder in the death of 42-year-old Abdulbasir Faizi, who disappeared from Toronto’s gay village in 2010.

Despite the criticism of the police, McArthur has officially been charged with the murder of seven victims, but was only arrested after years of bungled investigations into mysterious disappearances within the citys gay community.

On Friday, police announced that a man believed to be another victim of McArthur had been identified.

As well more recent crimes dating back to the 2000s, Bruce McArthur – a landscape gardener – has also been potentially linked to killings in the 1970s, when there was a similar spate of disappearances that also went unsolved.

In early March, police released a photograph of a dead man believed to be another one of the McArthurs alleged victims, saying they needed help identifying the bearded middle-aged individual.

Det. Sgt. Hank Idsinga said at the time that releasing the photo was a last resort. Investigators did not say when the photograph was taken or how investigators found it.

McArthur was arrested in January and charged with the murders of Andrew Kinsman and Selim Esen, who went missing from the village in 2017. Later that month, McArthur was charged with the murders of Majeed Kayhan, Soroush Mahmudi, and Dean Lisowick. In February, he was charged in the death of Skandaraj Navaratnam.

At least seven sets of remains, including Faizis, have been recovered from planters located at a Toronto home where McArthur once worked as a landscaper, police have said.

Timeline of key events in the case of alleged serial killer Bruce McArthur

Weve sent an email with instructions to create a new password. Your existing password has not been changed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World at Twitter: